#1165 for broadcast on 2CH Sydney, 13 December 2015
The current issue of Presbyterian Pulse reports that when a Christian teacher delivers Special Religious Education in NSW schools, parents and schools can be sure that students in their care will receive high quality, engaging and beneficial teaching.
As well as contributing to a child’s broader education, Special Religious Education has many personal benefits:
- Students have freedom to ask questions and make important discoveries about themselves and their personal beliefs;
- They gain insights into the morals and values of society, and explore their own response to them;
- They discover the depth of God’s love for them, and consider how they might treat others in response to God’s love;
- They receive teaching from older Christian mentors who are appropriate role models; and
- They have an opportunity to grow in their personal Christian faith.
Special Religious Education serves a unique purpose in our state schools, and deserves your strong support.
I’m Rod Benson for the NSW Council of Churches.